The PaperFolder Cross Fold System performs many types of cross folds in one pass. 500 sheet hopper. It can fold paper into very small sizes for package inserts. Optional output stacker is particularly useful for small folds.
The PaperFolder Cross Fold System can perform more cross folds (fold in one direction, then fold from the side) in one pass than any other commercial folding machine.
Cross folds are made when a sheet of paper is folded in one direction, and then folded again from the side. These are pictures of basic cross folds. It is folded in half or thirds and then again from the side.
Few machines can perform a cross fold. It requires 2 passes, with the second pass much harder to perform without jamming.
The PaperFolder Cross Fold System solves these problems, and can fold paper into even smaller sizes. Why? Because the Cross Fold System consists of 2 large format folding machines with a conveyor between them, and an optional output stacker to neatly accumulate the folded output, which can be very small in size. The first machine has 4 fold plates rather than 2 like most machines. So, for example, you could fold a piece of paper into thirds and then fold that in half in the first folder. The second folder then folds that in half or thirds from the side.
There is only one other cross fold system, that can perform a cross fold in one pass, an air feed system costing well over twice as much. It has no output stacker and can perform only basic cross folds. Any other machine or system requires putting the paper through the machine 2 times in a more difficult, time-consuming process.
Most folding [lmachines cannot perform a cross fold. Those that can are generally limited to doing a half-fold for the first fold, and then a half or trifold in the second pass. The PaperFolder Cross Fold System is unique in its ability to fold very small package inserts. This is because it has 2 extra fold plates and the conveyor system that delivers each folded piece to the second machine as they are folded. This eliminates the feed problems that occur when using one machine to do 2 passes.
The PF Cross Fold System can fold sheets of paper ranging from 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" in these folds:
|Paper Size (inches)||***||First fold||***||Second fold||***||End size (inches|
|5.5 x 8.5||Half||Half||2.55 x 4.25|
|5.5 x 8.5||Half||Tri||1.85 x 4.25 |
|5.5 x 8.5||Tri||Tri||2.84 x 1.85|
|5.5 x 8.5||4 panel (accordion)||Tri||2.13 x 1.84"|
|8.5 x 11||Half||Half||4.25 x 5.5|
|8.5 x 11||Half||Tri||2.84 x 5.5|
|8.5 x 11||Tri||Tri|| 2.84 x 3.67|
|8.5 x 11||Tri||2.84 x 2.75|
|8.5 x 14||Half||Half||4.25 x 7|
|8.5 x 14||Half||Tri||2.84 x 7|
|8.5 x 14||Tri||Tri||2.84 x 4.67|
|8.5 x 14||4 panel (accordion)||Tri||3.50 x 2.84|
|11 x 17||Half||Half||5.5 x 8.5|
|11 x 17||Half||Tri||3.67 x 8.5|
|11 x 17||Tri||Tri||3.67 x 5.67|
|11 x 17||4 panel (accordion)||Tri||2.84 x 4.25|
The machine has an output conveyor that will stack larger size paper neatly. Smaller paper, such as the size for package inserts should be handled by the stacker. In both cases, the operator can pause the machine for a set period to remove a set number so that they can be neatly stacked. E.g., after 200 pieces, pause the machine for 10 seconds to allow the operator to remove and stack them.
Conveyor output without stacker:
1. Set the stack of paper into the Feed Tray pressing down the front part of the tray to put the paper under the feed rollers. Then move the paper guides on each side to the edge of the paper.
2. Move the stops on the fold plates as shown in the operators manual for the type of fold you want to perform.
3. Set the output wheels or the stacker as shown in the manual for the type of fold and size paper you have.
4. (Optional) Set the counter for the number of pieces you want to fold.
5. Run one or 2 samples. Make any adjustments as shown in the operators manual. Microadjustment knobs are used to fine-tune the fold resulting in crisp and accurate folds every time. The PF Cross Fold System can handle a variety of paper sizes and weights (see Specifications), but not glossy or coated papers.
6. Start the run. The operator should not leave the machine while it is running.
7. You can stop the machine at any time by pushing the Stop button. The machine will stop when the paper input tray is empty.
The control panel will display these messages when an error occurs:
NO PAPER/ # Paper has run out. # is number of pieces folded so far.
PAPER ERROR Paper Jam or sensor needs cleaning
OVERLOAD Motor is overloaded
The PaperFolder Cross Fold System performs folds that cannot be done by any other commercial machine. If you need to perform a lot of cross folds or fold paper into very small sizes, this machine has no equal because it has 2 additional fold plates to perform more folds while folding cross folds in one pass.
Please call if you would like to discuss your jobs with us or have questions. 800-520-6008.