The TSI-4S is a very versatile folder / envelope inserter handling up to 15,000 (25,000 premium) envelopes per month from up to 3 feeders.
It is quiet and very easy to use.
There are 4 models
|1 sheet feeder||•••••••••|
1 sheet feeder &
1 insert feeder
|••••••••••||2 sheet feeders||••••••••••|
2 sheet feeders &
1 insert feeder
Documents and inserts are
- Pulled one at a time from each feeder
- Collected in the bottom collator
- Folded together (not separately) in one set
- Inserted into an envelope
- The envelope is sealed (or not, at your discretion)
Capacity and Speed
The 4S can handle many different types of jobs from the most basic to jobs that take sheets from 2 feeders and include an insert. It can seal the envelope or not. It is your choice. The 4S can be ordered with a bar code reader to mail invoices or statements of varying pages (programming must be done by your IT department). It can put up to 5 pieces into an envelope (8 with the Premium option). It can handle up to 2000 or 2500 (Premium) envelopes per hour, and up to 15,000 (25,000 Premium) envelopes per month. If you need more, please look at the TSI 5 and higher.
It can also fold paper without inserting.
Fold types are half, Z and C (letter) for letter size paper and double parallel (fold in 1/2 and then in 1/2 again) for legal. You can store up to 50 programmed jobs which can then be selected at the touch of a button. If you need more, look at the more advanced models.
Setting the Fold
You can create and store up to 50 different fold and stuff jobs using the easy to use touchscreen. It guides you through the process of how many to take from the each feeder, what fold to use, and whether to seal the envelope. You can then name and save each job. Simply, press a button to select it next time.
The 4S can be ordered with either the basic output tray or a high volume stacker.
|Output Tray||High Capacity Vertical Stacker|
You can use either a #10 commercial envelope (tri-folded letter size or double-folded legal size) or a 6" x 9.5" envelope for half-folded letter size paper.
The envelope you use is important. Click to see the envelope that works (fortunately, it is the most common).
Buying a Folder Inserter
When you buy a folder inserter, we want to make sure that it works with your stock. So, we require that you mail in samples of your documents and the envelopes you use to test on the machine. Intimus will test and send you the results as approved or the changes that are needed. You are asked to complete and return a sign off before the machine will be shipped. We have been in this business for over 20 years, and this process has been very successful in making sure it works for you.
Some things that could be a problem
1. The address is on the bottom of the page. Some checks are printed this way. This requires a bottom flap envelope. The machine expects that it will be on top. Regular envelopes will not work.
2. The construction of the envelope. It requires a #10 envelope with seams that angle towards the center. All corners are rounded. If your envelope is different, it will need to be replaced.
3. The address does not fit in the window when the letter size paper is folded in thirds. There is very little adjustment that can be made up or down to the fold. If it does not fit, it may need to be shifted to properly appear.
Getting your machine
After receiving your acknowledgement of the results of the testing, your machine will be shipped. Normally it can be on site within 14 business days or less. On-site setup and Training is included with a 1 year on-site parts and labor warranty.
Get a quick quote for the best deal. Buy or lease (to own).
If you would like to get a quote on a folder inserter that will work for you, please fill out our
We will send back a quote including freight, setup, training and on-site warranty.